Medical Coder (Certified)
Salience Health is a multi-specialty clinic with a collaborative approach to our patient’s healthcare needs to include Primary Care, Neurology, Psychiatry and Therapy. We have multiple locations in North Dallas area. We are a fast-paced environment that remains focused on best outcome for our patients. With the ongoing growth of Salience there is potential for advancement and growth opportunities.
We are seeking a tenured medical coder with thorough knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology, as well as a natural curiosity and an analytical mind. As you interpret, and code patients’ medical records, transcriptions, test results, and other documentation, we will rely on you to ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover information that may be difficult to find—all with the ultimate goal of ensuring a smooth billing process. You will abide by the standard protocols for medical coding.
- Manage all work surrounding medical coding for high-quality, timely coding of diagnoses and procedures in a multi-specialty clinic, using ICD-10, CPT-4, and HCPCS coding classification systems, to meet billing system requirements.
- Work closely with physicians, technicians, insurance companies, and other integral parties to uncover and discuss coding analysis results.
- Analyze issues where understanding situations or data, requires in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Coding of patient encounters, including diagnostic and procedural information, significant reportable elements, and complications.
- Researches and analyzes data needs for reimbursement.
- Identifies diagnostic and procedural information related to coding.
- Audits clinical documentation and coded data to validate documentation supports services rendered for reimbursement and reporting purposes.
- Assigns codes for reimbursements, research and compliance with regulatory requirements utilizing guidelines.
- Follows coding conventions. Serves as coding consultant to care providers.
- Identifies discrepancies, potential quality of care, and billing issues.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and facilitates plan of action to correct discrepancies and prevent future coding errors per approval of Director.
- Identifies reportable elements, complications, and other procedures.
- Handles special projects and other duties as requested.
- Other duties assigned.
- Experience with computer programs
- Experience with third-party operating procedures and practices
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and/or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Well organized; able to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines, multi-task skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent customer service skills with sound sensitivity judgments and a courteous phone manner
- High-energy; productive work habits, flexible and adaptable to change
- 2 years medical coding required
- 2 years’ experience with primary care, or neurologist, or psychiatrist coding/billing/collection/payment posting
- Certified Medical Coder 2+ years preferred
Knowledgeable in CPT, ICD10, and HCPCS coding.
Our Benefits include:
- PTO (Vacation time)
- Short term/Long term disability/Life insurance
- HSA/FSA/Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental Health Day
Salience Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring, appraisal systems, promotions, training, and career development programs. Consistent with these obligations, EEOC also provides reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances. and practices.