Laura Slaughter, M.D.
I am always looking for the best solution to meet my patients' needs. Collaboration is a partnership, and your mental health is essential to me. With clear communication, we will work together to improve your quality of life."
Caring For Patients For over 20 Years
Dr. Slaughter is a board-certified psychiatrist currently practicing at our McKinney location. She received her B.A. in Biology from the University of Kansas in 1989 and her M.D. from the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston in 1994. In 1998, she completed her residency in General Psychiatry at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas.
She completed her fellowship in Forensic Psychiatry at UT Southwestern in 1999. Dr. Slaughter has served as a staff psychiatrist for the Collin County Detention Center (1999 – 2002) and was medical director of Day Rise Recovery in Allen, Texas (2007 – 2017).
About Laura Slaughter, M.D.
- Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center
- Residency at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston
- Fellowship in Forensic Psychiatry at UT Southwestern
- Ages 18-65
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield HMO
- United Health