Primary Care & Behavioral Health Disease States:
A Holistic Approach to Well-Being
At Salience Health, we recognize that true well-being encompasses both mental and physical health. The overlap of primary care and behavioral health disease states is a crucial aspect of our patient-centric approach. By addressing these intersections, we can provide comprehensive care that leads to remission and recovery. Below, we outline the connection between primary care and some common behavioral health conditions:
- Medical Illnesses Associated: Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, Chronic Pain Conditions
- Importance of Primary Care: Monitoring overall health, managing chronic conditions, and assessing potential physical contributors to depression symptoms.
- Medical Illnesses Associated: Heart Disease, Gastrointestinal Problems, Respiratory Conditions
- Importance of Primary Care: Identifying physical symptoms exacerbated by anxiety, managing coexisting conditions, and providing a holistic treatment plan.
- Medical Illnesses Associated: Autoimmune Disorders, Sleep Disorders
- Importance of Primary Care: Addressing potential underlying health issues, offering lifestyle recommendations, and coordinating care with mental health specialists.
- Medical Illnesses Associated: Hypertension, Diabetes, High Cholesterol
- Importance of Primary Care: Monitoring risk factors, promoting brain health through lifestyle changes, and detecting early signs of cognitive decline.
- Medical Illnesses Associated: Autoimmune Disorders, Gastrointestinal Disorders, Sleep Disorders
- Importance of Primary Care: Identifying physical symptoms triggered by trauma, managing stress-related health issues, and offering a comprehensive support system.